Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Celebrating Great Writing #PoweredByIndie

Powered By Indie

This month Amazon is celebrating great writing published via Kindle Direct Publishing, Create Space and Audiobook Creation Exchange. I am truly honored to be a part of this celebration and to be included with authors that I look up to and admire.

It’s hard to believe that I’ve been at this now for over six years, and I still feel just as clueless as I did when I first started this journey :) The world of writing and publishing is constantly changing, and just when I think I’ve finally got a grasp on it all something new comes along to shake it up. But that’s a good thing because change helps us grow.

With the release of my new novella, What’s Left of Me, I’m reminded of how my career as a romance author began. Funny enough, even though this is the fourth book I’ve published, it feels an awful lot like that very first book (for real, I’m having a serious case of déjà vu). I’ve been on a publishing hiatus for about two years, so I almost feel like a brand new author stepping out into the writing world again. There have been some ups and downs with getting this novella into my readers’ hands, and there were times when I couldn’t help but think “Gosh, wouldn’t it be nice to just write a story and then have a trustworthy team handle the rest?” But even though that thought has passed through my mind, I wouldn’t change the way I do things.

I love being a self-published author.

I love being involved with my work 100% and making decisions. I love creating my book covers, promos, book trailers, my blog, and my website. I love all of the wonderful people I’ve met along the way: fellow authors, book tour companies, audiobook narrators, readers, bloggers, reviewers, etc!

Being a self-published author is a lot of work, but I’m enjoying every part of it! 


https://www.amazon.com/Zane-McKades-Texas-Book-1-ebook/dp/B008TYZK6I/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8 https://www.amazon.com/Norah-McKades-Texas-Book-2-ebook/dp/B00MV4UDTQ/ref=sr_1_47?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1476296794&sr=1-47

No comments: