Thursday, December 31, 2015

My Top Favorite Luke Moments from Previous Books

With the year coming to an end, I feel extremely disappointed that I was unable to complete Luke’s book for you guys. Trust me when I say I’m working on it. I may not be working as fast as I’d like, but mommy duties come before books and I hope you guys can understand that J With that said, I’ve been thinking a lot about Mr. Sexy Pants Luke McKade lately and remembering some of my favorite scenes with him from my other books. I’d like to share those with you today, and if you stick around to the end I maybe just might have a little snippet from his book for you guys J

Let’s get this party started…

This scene when he was a cocky son of a…you know what ;) :
Luke walked in step next to Zane as they made their way towards the bar. “I was just giving myself a final once over before we headed in.”
Zane chuckled softly and rolled his eyes. “You are so vain.”
Luke smiled crookedly and arrogantly. “I can’t help it. When you look as good as I do it’s hard not to stare at yourself.”

And this one when he attempted to save a damsel in distress:
They were momentarily distracted by a set of footsteps running down the hall, and then Luke came bursting into the kitchen wielding a hand gun. Andi let out another startled scream at the sight of the gun, and when Luke realized there was no danger he quickly dropped it to his side. He smiled when he caught site of Andi and lifted his empty hand to comb his hair back.
“What’d you bring a gun for?” Zane asked with a raised eyebrow to Luke.
Luke diverted his eyes from Andi and turned his attention to Zane. “I heard a woman scream,” he explained and shrugged. “What’d you expect me to do?”

The time when all he wanted was a good luck kiss:
With his reins in his hands, Luke walked up to Andi and tipped his hat off from his forehead, closed his eyes and leaned towards her puckering his lips.
 “What are you doing?” she asked leaning away from him and giving him a suspicious look.
 “I’m waiting for my good luck kiss too,” he replied with his lips still puckered.
 “Luke, come on stop messing around. You’re going to make us late,” Zane chided.
Luke didn’t budge.
Andi rolled her eyes and sighed. She grabbed Luke’s face, pinching his cheeks in as she turned his face to the side and gave him a small peck on the cheek. “There now go,” she said with a laugh and pointed in Zane’s direction.

And the time when all he wanted was a piece of pie:
Luke came bounding through the back door and hung his hat on the wall. “Where is it? You better not have eaten it all.”
 “Calm down, look I already cut you a piece,” Zane said pointing to his burnt piece of pie sitting on the table.
 “Wow, thanks, Zane. You know you’re not half bad sometimes.” Luke sat down and stared at the piece of pie. “Mom made this?” he asked, turning to Zane with a raised eyebrow.
Zane simply nodded and tried his best to hold back the smile that threatened to escape.
Luke shrugged and scooped a forkful in his mouth. His eyes popped wide open and he grabbed a napkin from the table and proceeded to quickly spit the piece of pie in it. “Whoa. Mom is losing her touch.” He coughed.

This one is probably my favorite…when he had the worst timing:
“Forgot my cell phone,” Luke said as he jogged past them to the counter and grabbed it.
When Luke turned around to Norah and Chase, she could see it on his face that he knew exactly what had been happening between them right before he barged in.
Crap.
“What’s going on here?” Luke asked, waving a finger between Norah and Chase.
“We’re doing the dishes,” Norah answered him.
Luke stared her down. It was the oldest trick in the book, the one that he and Zane always used against her when they wanted to get information out of her. And she hated it.
“What are you looking at?” Norah asked him with a miffed tone.
Luke lifted his hands in a silent defeat. “Nothing,” he told her and attempted to hide an amused grin in the process. He pocketed his phone then grabbed up the dish towel Norah had dropped on the counter. “Don’t let me keep you from washing the dishes,” Luke said and handed her the towel.
As Luke walked away and towards the back door, Norah let out a soft sigh of relief and shot Chase a smile.
“Oh, hey,” Luke said. He stopped in the open doorway and turned to look at them.
Oh God. What now?
Norah turned her attention to her brother.
“You might wanna use that towel to wipe away those soap bubbles from your butt.”
Her mouth dropped in shock as she turned awkwardly to check the back of her jeans. Sure enough there were soap bubbles hanging from her back pockets along with a wet handprint on her shirt right beneath her breast.
Luke grinned and tipped his hat. “Night, y’all.”

When he went into over-protective big brother mode:
“I know how it looks,” Chase told Luke. “But your sister and I are just friends. That’s it.”
“Okay,” Luke said and seemed to loosen up just a little. “It’s really none of my business but at the same time it kind of is my business, you know? Because Norah is my baby sister.”
“Yep,” Chase said. “I’ve got a sister of my own, so I know how that is.”
Luke’s lips curved into a crooked grin. “Good. You seem like a stand-up guy, Chase, and I’ve got no quarrels with you,” he said and slapped a hand down on Chase’s shoulder. “But if you hurt her, I’ll break your jaw. I don’t care what kind of relationship you have with her.”

When he got a little too big for his britches:
“Norah,” Zane said just as Luke said, “You get back here, young lady, and tell us what the hell is going on with you.”
Young lady? Oh hell no.

And when he showed his soft side:
“Good plan,” Luke said and gave her a meaningful smile. “I’ll head out so you can do what you’ve gotta do.” He tugged her close, pecked a kiss on top of her hair and gave her a brotherly hug before he stepped away from her. He almost made it from the kitchen when he stopped and turned back to her. “Hey, Nor?”
“Yeah?”
“About Chase…”
Oh God.
“I don’t want to say ‘I told you so,’ so I’m not,” Luke said. “But I will say this…”
And here comes the lecture.
“He’s an idiot for messin’ things up with you. I know this hurts right now, but it’ll get better in time.”
Norah just stared dumbfounded at her brother. That was it? No you-should’ve-known-better-than-to-get-mixed-up-with-that-guy talk?
“I’ll see you later, sis.” He tipped the brim of his hat and then he was gone.

And now for the grand finale! This new little snippet of one of my favorite scenes from Luke’s book. I’m gonna say no introduction is needed for this one J
What was he doing? Here he’d been fantasizing about all the dirty little things he’d like to do with Karlie, and for what? It wasn’t going to happen. It couldn’t happen. She was his mother’s best friend’s daughter, for Christ’s sake—practically born with the words Luke, Do Not Touch stamped on her body.
And, boy, did that make him want her even more.


And there you have it! All of my favorite old scenes and a new favorite scene J I’m so excited to be writing his story and I can’t wait to finish it for you guys. I promise to share more on his story’s progress, and even share some new material when I can. I hope 2015 has treated you well, and I’m so happy to have all of you following me on this writing journey. Thank you for being the awesome people that you are! Here’s to many new and exciting things coming in 2016!

Happy New Year!
XOXO,
Kim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aside from kids and husband and animals and home, please drop all other books and finish Luke - it has been forever and "we" are really beyond anxious. Enjoyed the rest of the "clan" and hope the long wait for Luke will not be disappointing. Have a good day - your family sounds great!

Kimberly Lewis said...

It really has been forever, hasn't it? I'm pouring all of my spare time into writing his story, so no worries there :) Thank you for your comment and I hope you're having a great day as well!