Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Still Writing

For those of you who are wondering, I am still working on Norah's story. I know, I know. It's been forever and a day and the book should have been out by now. But life happens and when it does it causes some set backs. I'm sorry. I still don't have a set release date so I'm sorry I can't share that. But what I can share is a little snippet from my work in progress :) I love Aunt Belle and she honestly cracks me up so I hope you all enjoy this little teaser. Please keep in mind that this hasn't been edited and can be changed slightly upon the final draft. Enjoy :)

***

Belle shook her head and slid the mug away from Norah. “Uh-uh, honey. This ain’t for you.”
“Oh,” Norah said, gently folding her hands onto her lap. “Sorry.”
“I’ll get you a cup in a sec,” Belle said. Her lips twisted into a mischievous grin. “But first I’ve got to take this over to that hot thang occupying my center booth.”
Amused by her aunt’s behavior, Norah turned to see this “hot thang” her aunt spoke of and froze.
It was Chase O’Donnell. And he was staring right at her.
“Look at him checkin’ me out,” Belle said.
Norah looked back to her aunt just in time to see her send Chase a wink and shimmy her hips. She bit the inside of her cheek to keep from laughing. 
“That’s mom’s new neighbor,” Norah told Belle as she nodded her head toward Chase and crossed her arms on the counter.
“Looks like I’m going to have to make a trip out to your momma’s place in the near future,” Belle said. “I may just get lost along the way… Or better yet, my car might just break down in front of his house and I’ll need to use his phone to call for help.” She waggled her eyebrows.
“You are too funny, Aunt Belle.” Norah shook her head. “Who knew you were a cougar?”

No comments: