Thursday, December 12, 2013

25 Things You Don't Know About Me

I haven't done an actual blog post in quite some time so I thought it might be fun to do a "get to know me" type of post. I've done interviews in the past but in most of them I mainly talk about becoming a writer and my novels. This is a lot more random :) I hope you enjoy it and if you'd like to see more of this sort of thing let me know.

25 Things You Don't Know About Me
1. I can draw and paint.
2. My favorite food is chicken and dumplings, followed closely by steak, followed by cheesecake, followed by chocolate chip cookies.
3. I’m right-handed but I can’t do some things using my right hand—like deal cards, holding my purse, carrying things, etc. For all of those I have to use my left hand/arm. I’ve tried using my right and it just doesn’t feel right. Weird.
4. I once burned boxed macaroni and cheese. My husband has never let me live that down.
5. I have never traveled beyond the east coast of the United States.
6. I like to crochet
7. Despite my love of the south and cowboys, I married a city boy. He’s the farthest thing from country but I wouldn’t trade him in for anything.
8. In my senior year of high school I completed a book report from only reading the synopsis on the back of the book. I got a grade of 100%.
9. I’ve been riding horses for as long as I can remember.
10. Apple pie moonshine has quickly become one of my favorite adult beverages.
11. I use to be very shy.
12. I love riding 4-wheelers, dirt bikes, go-carts, etc. And I like to go fast and will not hesitate to gun-it through a mud puddle. The more mud the more fun.
13. I enjoy cooking and baking but I definitely have to follow a recipe. Food creation is not one of my talents.
14. My first Thanksgiving in our house I almost chopped off the tip of my thumb while cutting up sweet potatoes for sweet potato biscuits. Haven’t made sweet potato biscuits since.
15. I do cake decorating. I’ve made multiple cakes for friends and family and even a couple of wedding cakes.
16. I met my husband at my first job. There was a half wall that divided our departments and as we got to be good friends we quickly earned the titles of “Tim and Wilson” as we would stand by the wall and talk over it to one another.
17. My first car was this hot little cherry red Ford Mustang convertible. Just kidding… it was a white Oldsmobile Achieva.
18. Yellow roses are my absolute favorite flower.
19. I’m a bit of a control freak.
20. I’m obsessed with watching beauty videos on YouTube. Hair, make-up, and clothes are a passion of mine.
21. Father of the Bride (Part 1 and Part 2) tops my all time favorite movies to watch.
22. Steel Magnolias is one of those movies I can quote from beginning to end. Forrest Gump is another one.
23. When I first started reading romance novels I would only read books by Norah Hess.
24. I didn’t read my first contemporary romance until three years ago. Since then I’ve grown to prefer them over historical—but I still love historical romances.
25. I never believed that one day I would actually become a writer. It always felt like a dream that would never happen.

2 comments:

MK McClintock said...

Lots of things I didn't know about you! It was fun to learn more. :)

Kimberly Lewis said...

Thanks MK! I had fun putting together this post. I may do another one in the future :)