Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Blog Tour Stop! "Gallagher's Choice" by MK McClintock

The Book
He finally had a family to call his own.
She now knew what it meant to risk it all.
Together they had a chance to find peace at last.


Eliza Gallagher is tough, resilient, and rides a horse like she was born in the saddle. All necessary qualities for someone who runs a cattle ranch.  She had more to avenge than any of them and she was counting on those skills to finally find the justice they all sought -- until she realized it could cost her everything and everyone she loved. 


Ramsey Hunter finally knew what it was to have a family and what it took to keep that family together. He knew coming back wouldn’t be easy, but he never imagined what he would have to risk to keep it. 


Eliza got him home; now Ramsey has to do whatever it takes to save her life and help bring peace to Hawk’s Peak.


Five Questions for MK
Tell us a bit about yourself.
To put it simply, I’m a country/mountain girl at heart (and in truth) who bakes to relax, hikes just to stand on a mountain, swims in crystal blue lakes, reads voraciously and prefers gloomy days to sunny. I’d rather stay home for pizza and a movie than go to a party. I prefer dresses to pants, print books to digital, chocolate to anything else, and never tire of watching eagles fly. 

What is your favorite movie based on a book, where you preferred the movie?
This is going to sound awful, but I adored the 2005 version of Pride and Prejudice. Of course it would be horribly unfair to compare Jane Austen’s book with the movie because the book is wonderful, but I can’t help it—love the movie. I haven’t read the book since, but I watch the movie twice a year. 

Is there anything else besides writing you think people would find interesting about you?
I always have a tough time with this question because I wonder why anyone would find what I do with my life interesting. I’m the person who can’t tell you what happens in People magazine—ever. But I’ll give it a go! I enjoy swimming in the lake during the summer or hiking through Glacier Park and Jewel Basin. I can spend hours baking in the kitchen and not become tired or bored. During the winter I snowshoe. I love dogs and horses and would raise Friesians and Highland Ponies if given the chance. In an ideal world, I would spend half my year in Montana and the other half in Scotland.


If you could jump in to a book, and live in that world, which would it be?

Other than my own? Julie Garwood’s Ransom – every time I read that book I think of how much fun it would be to live in that time and place. I’m always up for a good adventure. 

Favorite quote?
I don't have exactly one favorite, but this is at the top of the list. "Happy the man, and happy he alone, he who can call today his own; he who, secure within, can say, tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today." - John Dryden


The Giveaways
Comment here, or at any one of the stops for a chance at the prizes. You may also enter the giveaways using the form below (recommended). 


Enter for a chance to win any one of the following prizes: 
$10 Amazon Gift Card (international)
or
Gallagher Series "Boxed" Set (e-book for Int. Print available for US)
or
Gift Trio: 2 horse picture frames and etched mountain scene/leaf coasters. (US addresses only)

  

Meet the Author
MK McClintock published her first novel, Gallagher's Pride, in July 2012, and followed one month later with the release of her second book in the same series, Gallagher's Hope. Her third novel, Alaina Claiborne, was published in January 2013. Gallagher's Choice, the third book in her Gallagher Series, was released in August 2013. She is now working on her next story.

McClintock dreams of a time when life was simpler, the land rougher, and the journey more rewarding. With her heart deeply rooted in the past and her mind always on adventure, she lives and writes in Montana.

McClintock is a member of Romance Writers of America, Montana Romance Writers, and Women Writing the West.  


www.mkmcclintock.com 
Blog | Facebook | YouTube | Pinterest

My Review:

In book three of the Gallagher Series we are introduced to Ramsey, Brenna's (Ethan Gallagher's wife) long lost brother. Ramsey has returned to Montana (with a little help from Eliza Gallagher) to reunite with the family he didn't know he had, find some answers, and help put an end to a feud that has cost everyone nothing but heartache and pain.This book picks up right where book two left off. Eliza has sought out and brought Ramsey back home to Montana. No time is spared in the family getting reacquainted with Ramsey and discussing theirs plans to finally put an end to Hunter's (Ramsey and Brenna's grandfather) nonsense--which after the stunts he pulled in the first two books I was ready for that guy to get it already! There is quite a lot of action in this book and most of it came when I least expected it. I always enjoy a good action scene and I must say that it kept me on my toes not knowing when or where the action was going to come from. There are also a lot of unanswered questions from the characters that are mentioned (not in detail) throughout the novel and don't get resolved until near the end, which I liked and disliked at the same time. Liked because it kept me wanting more and disliked because I'm an impatient person and wanted the answer right then :) The only thing I can say I wish had happened in the book was a little more background between Eliza and Ramsey's romance. When they arrived at Hawk's Peak it was clear that they held feelings for each other and I just would have liked a glimpse into how that happened. All in all this was a wonderful read and I was very pleased with the way it ended--even the little twist I didn't see coming.

My Rating:
4 out of 5 stars

 

7 comments:

WIPPYSPLACE said...

I loved reading about MK and WHO she is..seems like she is what I would see in me! a FREE SPIRIT! I also enjoyed reading your review...I gotta read it anyway---my reviews of books are short--I dont like to give out too much info as I have a tendency to tell more than I should! :-) or give away too much! thanks for the opportunity *~*CAROLE*~*

MK McClintock said...

Thank you for having me at your blog today Kimberly!

Carole: Nice to see you here! Thank you for stopping by.

Amy C said...

I am loving this series. Can't wait to the Gallagher's Choice!
campbellamyd at gmail dot com

MK McClintock said...

Amy C: Glad you're enjoying it! Thank you for stopping by today.

Kimberly Lewis said...

Thanks so much for stopping by today Carole and Amy C! I hope you both enjoy "Gallagher's Choice" as much as I did!

And thank you so much for visiting with me today MK! I really enjoyed your post and even learned some new things :)

Karen C said...

Enjoyed learning more about M.K. I love her writing voice and can't wait to see what she's up to next.

MK McClintock said...

Thank you, Karen!