Sunday, August 25, 2013

Surprise!!!

Had the surprise of my life yesterday.

My husband and I were getting ready for a "last minute date night" when my aunt called with a computer emergency (she runs a boarding kennel and my husband does all the IT work for them). So we loaded up our kids (who were supposed to be going over to Grandma and Grandpa's house while we went to dinner) and headed over there with the intentions of just having my aunt and uncle watch them instead...because we were going to be late for our dinner. So we pulled up to the house and there are tons of cars parked in the driveway. Then, as we pull into a spot, I see my mom and my mother-in-law chatting on the back porch. And that's when I noticed the banner hanging from the roof that read, "Happy Birthday Kimberly!" Yes, folks, it was a surprise birthday party for little ol' me :)

I have never, EVER, been surprised before. If I ever get the feeling that someone is going to do something to surprise me, I turn into detective mode and put clues together until I've figured out the surprise. I don't know why, I guess it was just always my need to have some sense of control...because I'm a bit of a control freak :) But my husband did a great job of keeping the secret and plotting behind my back. He did such a great job and I honestly have the BEST hubby ever! I had NO clue what was going on but was happily surprised by the whole thing. All of my friends and loved ones were there and so many people pitched in to help make it happen. It was such a great day and I couldn't have asked for more :)

No comments: