Wednesday, May 22, 2013

TAG! I'm it!


Last week I was contacted by the lovely Christine S. Feldman to participate in a blog tag. The task is simple: answer ten basic questions about your writing. So here we go!
1)  What is the working title of your next book?
Norah (The McKades of Texas, Book 2)
2)  Where did the idea come from for the book?
Um...I'm still working on the overall plot :)
3)  What genre does your book fall under?
Contemporary Western Romance
4)  What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
I have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to this! LOL. Some of the people I have picked aren't actors, so I guess you could say that I view these people as inspiration for those characters. For Norah McKade I picked Lindsay Ellingson, and for Chase O'Donnell I picked Henry Cavill.
5)  What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Since I'm still working out the details of the novel I really don't have any kind of synopsis available yet :(
6)  Who is publishing your book?
I'm a self-pub author so......ME! :)
7)  How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
It took me a few weeks to get about 25k into the novel....before I had to scrap pretty much everything and start over. Still trying to work out all the plot details so my current manuscript has been stuck at the 4k mark for a few months now.
8)  What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Wow, I'm honestly not sure. 
9)  Who or what inspired you to write this book?
When I started writing Zane (Book 1 in The McKades of Texas series) I honestly had no intentions of continuing it as a series. But as I got into the story and creating these characters I just fell in love with them and didn't want to leave them in that one book. So I decided to give each of the siblings their own story.
10)  What else about the book might pique the readers’ interests?
It's got some sexy cowboys in it *wink wink*

4 comments:

Christine S. Feldman said...

Self-pubbed, very cool! I'm thinking of exploring that option for a fantasy novel since my pub specializes in romance only. So does that mean you design your own cover art, or is someone else doing that for you?

Kimberly Lewis said...

Hey Christine! I really enjoy being self-pubbed...it's a lot of work but well worth it. I do all my own cover art, but you can find computer software or hire someone to do that for you. I'm a bit of a control freak so doing it all on my own works out perfectly :-)

Christine W. said...

I really enjoyed Zane and Andi's story. Thank you for a wonderful story! Can not wait for the others that follow.

Kimberly Lewis said...

Aw, thank you so much, Christine! I'm looking forward to reading your book :) It's on my TBR list!