Monday, December 10, 2012

Who's Afraid of Santa?

My son, that's who. 
The weekend started with my husband and me taking our two and a half year old son to see Santa Claus. Every year where I work they have Santa come to visit the children and he brings them a gift. It's such nice gesture and we always have a nice time. Now last year my son had no issues at all with Santa--well except for the Santa that showed up at my aunt's house unexpectedly... Boy that was fun. But when we took him to see Santa at my work event he was fine--sat on Santa's lap and everything.
Today...
Well...
Not so much.
He was so excited to see Santa and kept waving at him but when the time came for him to actually sit on Santa's lap he didn't want any part of it.
At all.
So I dutifully stood next to Santa with my little boy so he could at least get a picture with him. But, of course, my son decided to hide his face in my hair. Needless to say, we didn't get any good pictures. After we left Santa Day we had a birthday party to go to where my son got all hopped up on sugar and adrenaline from playing with the other kids. Then it was off to a Christmas party down the street from where we live. This is the first year we've actually been able to attend and, let me tell you, we had such a nice time. We ate food, mingled with the neighbors and fellow members of our community and then... drum roll please...an announcement was made that Santa was on his way.
Once again we were excited to see Santa--waving and saying "Hi!" The children all made their way back into the house so they could sit on Santa's lap, tell him what they wanted for Christmas and receive a small gift. My son was all for it...until it was his turn. This time I attempted to sit on Santa's lap with him and my husband was going to snap a quick photo but it didn't happen. All we ended up getting was a squirmy two year old who was crying and trying his darndest to get the heck away from Santa. 
So, once again, no picture.
All in all we did have a very good--and very busy--day. Maybe things will be different this Saturday and if Santa happens to show up at my aunt's house during her annual cookie exchange maybe I'll get a picture of my son with Santa.
Maybe:-)

Hope you all had a great weekend!

2 comments:

Melissas Midnight Musings said...

Aww! I hope you get your picture.

Kimberly Lewis said...

Thanks, Melissa:-) I got the picture from our work event today and it actually turned out okay. He's got this "I do not wanna be here look" on his face, but it's a cute pic:-)