Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Holidays Are Coming!

I just adore this time of year when the leaves change colors and the weather cools down. Along with the change of scenery, I also really enjoy the holiday season. I come from a divorced family so the holidays have always been a bit of a challenge--but I think we've finally got things down to a science:-)  When my husband and I first started dating we'd go to my dad's house first, then my husband's parents' house, and then round off the day at my mom's. Talk about stuffed! Luckily my mother is very lenient and for the past few years has offered to host her Thanksgiving dinner the weekend before the actual holiday. So that's what we'll be doing this weekend:-) The dinner is held at my grandmother's house and she always makes a Turkey with dumplings (the flat kind, not the biscuit) and that is my favorite part of the meal. We also have mashed potatoes and gravy, greens, regular stuffing and oyster stuffing, sweet potatoes and then finish off with dessert of pumpkin pie or apple pie. After dinner we always just sit around, chat, and watch a movie--ya know, since our bellies are so full:-) And my wonderful grandmother always sends us home with leftovers so we don't have to worry with making dinner the next night. Love her!

So that's what I'll be doing this weekend. What are some of your holiday traditions?

No comments: