Monday, August 20, 2012

Name a Cowboy Contest!


Now that the first book in my “McKades of Texas” series is available I decided it was time to pick up where I left off with the second book in the series, which is Norah’s story. I had a name all picked out for the cowboy who steals her heart, but I’m starting to second guess whether I should name him this particular name or not.

So that’s where you all come in! I’m enlisting in your much needed help in choosing a name for my cowboy.

Now I know you’re probably saying, “But Kimberly, how can we pick a name if we don’t know what this cowboy looks like?” Well I’m so happy you asked:) This particular cowboy has thick, dark hair, a strong, masculine jaw, and killer green eyes. In all honesty, I sort of imagine him to look like the actor Henry Cavill. If you have no idea who he is then shame on you! LOL, just kidding, but seriously you’ve been missing out. If you’d like to get a visual then click here (I’d love to just post a picture of him on my blog but I keep hearing to many stories of bloggers getting sued for that kind of stuff...so I’m not taking any chances).

Now, back to the contest. The contest itself will run from August 20th through August 26th. Not only will you have a chance of your cowboy name being chosen for my next book but you may just win a $10 gift card to Amazon OR Barnes & Noble as well! Good luck and thanks in advance for your help!


4 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for letting us help you with your writing process! I always wonder how authors come up with names for their characters so it's even more fun to actually be a part of it.

Kimberly Lewis said...

Thank YOU, Melissa! Naming your characters can be hard sometimes. I'm always nervous that I'm going to pick a name that readers are going to wrinkle their nose at. LOL. So I thought this would be a fun idea and I'm really looking forward to seeing which name wins:-)

MK said...

I love naming characters! I voted yesterday and after thinking on it more, I still stand by my vote! :)

Kimberly Lewis said...

I did like your pick, MK:-)