Thursday, August 16, 2012

My "Gallagher's Hope" by MK McClinktock Review


Isabelle Rousseu must escape New Orleans and the memory of her family’s tragic loss. With her younger brother in tow, she accepts a position as the new schoolteacher in Briarwood, Montana. Desperate to keep what’s left of her family together, Isabelle joins her life with a stranger only to discover that trust and hope go hand in hand.

Gabriel Gallagher lived each day as it came believing he had everything he could possibly want...until a determined woman and her brother arrive with a little luggage and a lot of secrets.

It will take a drastic choice to protect her and give them both, hope for the future.


My Review:
When I first read "Gallagher's Pride" (the first novel in this series) I must admit that Gabriel was one of my favorite characters. So I was thrilled when I learned that the second novel in the series was going to be his story and I couldn't wait for it to come out. I tend to get nervous sometimes about being too excited for novels because, what if they don't live up to my expectations? What if they lose my interest and I don't really want to read the next installment? Well, I am happy to announce that this book did not fail me in those categories:) 
Gabriel is such a likable guy--kind-hearted, gentleman, and easy on the eyes. I enjoyed getting to know his character better in this novel as well as visit with the rest of the Gallagher clan (Ethan, Brenna, Eliza, and Mabel) and also meet some new characters (Isabelle and Andrew). The story begins when Isabelle moves away from New Orleans with her younger brother after a family tragedy that left them with both of their parents deceased. She takes a teaching job in Montana where she is greeted with open arms by the community and one Gabriel Gallagher. He provides housing for her and helps her settles in, as he is instantly attracted to her. Isabelle keeps her guard up, not wanting to get to attached to anyone, but can't help feeling an attraction to him as well. When Isabelle is hit with a bombshell that threatens to tear her apart from the only family member she has left, Gabriel steps up to the plate and offers her his hand in marriage to keep her and her brother together. It was sweet watching these two grow from a marriage of convenience to a marriage of lasting love. And this book contains one of the most simple, sweetest, romantic lines I have ever read in a novel. Maybe it's just me but I absolutely LOVED the part where Isabelle and Gabriel are alone in his room and he wraps his arms around her from behind, cradling her to his chest and asks, "Isabelle, will you keep me?" I literally "Awed" out loud when I read that. It was just so sweet and it made me fall in love with Gabriel even more.
Now for those of you who have read "Gallagher's Pride" you know that Ms. McClintock left us with a bit of a cliff hanger with Brenna and her search for her brother. We learn more about that in "Gallagher's Hope" as well as deal with more trouble from the Gallagher's evil rancher neighbor (and Brenna's grandfather) Nathan Hunter. I swear, what he does in this novel makes me hate him even more than I did in the first book and I can't wait until the third book in this series comes out so I can find out if he gets what's coming to him. 
All in all this was a really great read and I enjoyed it so much that I had a hard time putting it down--a.k.a. I read it in one day:) If you enjoy historical westerns with a little bit of romance, a little bit of mystery and suspense and a whole lot of twists and turns than you are sure to enjoy this book.

My Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars

Book Content: Contains very mild language that is used sparingly throughout the novel, very mild violence and all sexual situations happen behind closed doors.

6 comments:

Krista Kedrick said...

Totally agree! Gabriel was the character I couldn't wait to read more about :) Will be waiting anxiously for Liza's story!! Great Job MK

MK said...

Thanks Krista! I do have to admit though that now I'm back and forth between whether Gabriel or Ethan is my favorite. Only book three will tell! I think I might be more excited to find out what's going to happen than anyone else!

Marsha said...

Sounds great. Good job MK!

emaginette said...

Looks like another series has to be added to my TBR pile. Pretty soon it's gonna have its own room.

:-)

MK said...

Marsha--thanks for coming by!

Emaginette--I know the feeling. My piles keep growing and growing. :)

Blogger said...

Sprinter - DarKz (170BPM)