Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My "Rocky Mountain Desire" by Vivian Arend Review


Nothing comes easy. You’ve gotta work for it.
Six Pack Ranch, Book 3
Matt Coleman always figured at this point in his life, he’d be settled down with a family. Since his ex split for the big city, though, no way will he give anyone else the chance to drop-kick his heart. Physical pleasure? Hell, yeah, he’ll take—and give—with gusto, but nothing more.
Hope Meridan is working long hours to hold on to her new quilt shop, going it alone since her sister/business partner ran off. Sex? Right, like she’s got the time. Not that she doesn’t have the occasional dirty fantasy about Matt. Fat chance he’d dream of knocking boots with her—the younger sister of the woman who dumped him. Nope, she’ll just have to settle for the F-word.
Friends would be far easier if there wasn’t something combustible going on between them. And when casual interest starts to grow into something more, their tenuous bond strengthens in the heat of desire. But it may not survive the hurricane-force arrival of the last person either of them ever wanted to see again…
Warning: Small-town rivals, men in pursuit and family meddling—in good and bad ways. Look for a cowboy who knows how to rope, ride and rein in a hell of a lot more than eight seconds of sheer bliss.

My Review:
Yes folks, they just keep getting better! Book number three in the Six Pack Ranch series is another winner and will leave you with the biggest smile on your face:)
This novel follows the story of Matt Coleman and Hope Meridan. In the beginning Matt is still sort of grieving over his break-up with his high school sweetheart and longtime love, Helen. That is until he runs into Helen's younger sister Hope during his brother's bachelor party. Hope is struggling to make it on her own after Helen just up and left town, leaving her with rent and a brand new business to run all by herself. After an awkward run in at the bachelor party, Hope and Matt realize that there is an attraction between them that wasn't there before. A few months pass before they see each other again, and even though Hope is extremely attracted to Matt, she decides that having him in her life as anything more than a friend would be too complicated. Matt agrees to her terms of friendship, knowing he'd rather be around her as her friend than not be around her at all. But try as they might to keep things in the friend zone, it just isn't meant to be.
I really liked Matt ever since he appeared in the first novel. He is so sweet, caring and thoughtful and I was happy to see him in the kind of relationship he deserved all along. His ex, Helen, was just a horrible, horrible woman and I just don't know how and why the heck he stayed with her for so long. I enjoyed Hope's character very much and admired her will power and strength. She did everything to keep her new business running and did it without the charity of others. But as much as I admired her for all of that, it was nice to see her lean on Matt for support when she really needed it. As their relationship developed, it was nice to see them both regain the trust that they had lost in their pasts. And I just have to add that this book has one of the sweetest endings I have ever read. I think I actually "Awed" out loud when I read that particular scene, lol.
My Rating:
4 out of 5 stars

2 comments:

emaginette said...

You might like 'Mended Hearts' by Olivia Devereaux. She is a circle mate of mine that definitely as some skills.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll check out the series. Oh, and I'll give it a little tweet for good measure. :-)

Kimberly Lewis said...

Thank you emaginette! I looked up Olivia's book on Amazon and I'm adding it to my TBR pile:) I appreciate the recommendation very much.

I really am enjoying the Six Pack Ranch series. The stories are a little sexy...oh who am I kidding, they are A LOT sexy, lol, but the love that blossoms throughout the stories are really good and that's what I love about them. If you do end up checking them out I hope you enjoy them as much as I do:)

Oh, and thanks for the tweet:)