Monday, January 30, 2012

What the...?

Okay, so I decided to just go for it and I downloaded one of Lorelei James' Rough Riders novels to my Kindle. If you all remember, I made a post last week about how I was interested in her work because I've heard good things about her. The only thing that was making me nervous was all the warning messages underneath the synopsis. I will admit that I had the mindset of, "How bad can it be, really?" All I can say is, "Oh...my...God." Um...yeah...I think my jaw fell open in disbelief a few pages in and stayed that way until I decided that enough was enough. I got through 3 chapters and had to put it down, lol. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to post negative comments about her work. She is a very good writer and she is definitley talented...but it just was a little too graphic for my liking. I really wanted to give it a chance, so I briefly skimmed some of the pages further in looking for some sort of love story and it looks like there is...but there is also a lot more graphic, kinky sex. I just can't get past those parts to find out what the love story is. Not my kind of novel at all. Word of advice to anyone interested in reading her work...
Take those warning messages seriously people and be prepared for your jaw to drop, lol. 

No comments: