Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Great Start to the New Year!

What a way to start the New Year!  As you know from my previous post, yesterday was the first day of the week long free promotion of my book. Now, I’ll be honest with you. Since November I’ve sold maybe a total of 20 copies, which is completely understandable because I am an unknown first time author with her first novel.  And I’ll be the first to admit that I can be a bit skeptical to pay to read something from someone who I’ve never heard of. So in an effort to reach a greater audience I decided to set my list price at free to see if more people would download it. Was it successful? Um, I’m gonna say yeah. Around 8:30 AM yesterday I decided to check my sales just to see if anyone had downloaded it yet. Log in, 205 downloads. Whoa! That’s a pretty big jump from the 20 I was able to sell in two months, lol. I tell my husband and he’s just as surprised as I am. We go about our daily tasks and around 10:30 AM I decide to check my sales again. Log in, 757. Are you serious? I’m beyond excited at this point. The day goes on and I check it again at 1 PM. 1007 downloads! My husband and I leave the house and go grocery shopping, I check my sales on the drive back home and I’ve hit the 3000 mark! By the time we get back to our house I’ve crossed over the 4000 threshold. I won’t keep boring you with numbers but I’ll just say that by the time I went to bed last night (around 10:30 PM) my sales were over 13,000! I am shocked beyond words that that many people downloaded my novel in one day! I checked it again this morning and there have been over 16,000 copies of my book downloaded. I am #3 on the Free Contemporary Romance Kindle Best Sellers Rank and #13 on the overall Free Kindle Best Sellers Rank. I am super happy as I’m sure you can tell. Thank you to everyone who downloaded a copy, your support means so much to me and I hope you enjoy reading it!

No comments: