Monday, January 9, 2012

Dear Reader


I’ve received quite a few reviews so far for my first novel When the Heart Falls. Some are good and... some are not so good. 


If you by any chance haven’t seen some of the reviews, one of the main complaints is about the grammar. I am thoroughly embarrassed that these things went unnoticed before I uploaded my book to Amazon’s website. I am not completely uneducated about the uses of your/you’re and to/too, etc. But as some of you may know, when you are writing and are in the moment of a certain scene you tend to make some stupid grammar mistakes because you are trying to put your vision into words. As the author of the project, you read it over and over again which makes it hard to catch those kinds of errors because you are so involved in the work. I did have friends and family members read over it as well but unfortunately some errors still slipped through. Although I appreciate them doing that, I now realize that that was not the way to go. I know this doesn’t excuse the issue and I am deeply sorry that this happened. It also saddens me that this ruined the book for some people. I am working diligently to fix the problem and I assure you that I will do my best to make sure things like this will not happen in the future.


That being said I want to thank everyone who has downloaded a copy and I hope that you were able to enjoy the story (even with the grammar errors). When I decided to make this book available for download I never intended to put out a poorly edited piece of work. I do want to be taken seriously as a writer and I hope that this will not discourage you from reading any future novels I produce. Thank you all again for everything! Your support means so much to me:)

4 comments:

R. Morgan said...

I first of all would like to let it be known that I have not read the book in full, I have only read the sample of the book and the reviews as of this point. That being said, while I am very interested in purchasing the book, I am very disappointed in the fact that so many people would let a few grammatical errors ruin the potential good book. I am a very avid reader and in fact enjoy a wide spectrum books. I am also a loyal follower of many big name authors and, let me tell you, their books are scattered with errors. I have found misspellings, unfinished words, incorrect punctuation, missing punctuation, incorrect capitalization, even random spacing, letters, and symbols thrown in for good measure in New York Best Seller and long time authors such as Nora Roberts. So long story short, I can and will look pass the errors in your book (and N.R.'s as well) and recommend that others do as well as you can miss out on some great stuff. Keep writing and bravo for you honesty and your courage for even putting a book out there for the world to enjoy. Good luck with this book and the others I am sure are to come.

R. Morgan said...

I first of all would like to let it be known that I have not read the book in full, I have only read the sample of the book and the reviews as of this point. That being said, while I am very interested in purchasing the book, I am very disappointed in the fact that so many people would let a few grammatical errors ruin the potential good book. I am a very avid reader and in fact enjoy a wide spectrum books. I am also a loyal follower of many big name authors and, let me tell you, their books are scattered with errors. I have found misspellings, unfinished words, incorrect punctuation, missing punctuation, incorrect capitalization, even random spacing, letters, and symbols thrown in for good measure in New York Best Seller and long time authors such as Nora Roberts. So long story short, I can and will look pass the errors in your book (and N.R.'s as well) and recommend that others do as well as you can miss out on some great stuff. Keep writing and bravo for you honesty and your courage for even putting a book out there for the world to enjoy. Good luck with this book and the others I am sure are to come.

R.Morgan said...

... and I'm sorry that posted twice. I'm not sure how that happened or how it was even possible. I tried to remove the duplicate but I am unable to. My apologies!

Kimberly Lewis said...

Thank you for your comment R.Morgan. And thank you for your interest in my book:) I hope you do enjoy reading it. I have been assured by many other people that this sort of things happens to the best of them, but it's still embarrassing. I am working on having my novel re-edited in order to correct the errors. And I have also been assured from the people at Amazon that once I re-upload the content of my novel that they can (with the permission of the purchaser) download the revised copy to their Kindle. Thank you again!