Friday, December 2, 2011

What Inspires You?

I gotta say, there is nothing like a good love song to get my ideas flowing. Whenever my husband and I are riding in the car listening to the radio and a good song comes on I always turn to him and say, “Wouldn’t this be a good background song for…..” and then I’d go into detail about what kind of scene I was envisioning, whether it be action or romantic. I don’t know what it is about certain love songs, or any songs for that matter, that hit you just right and put you in a certain mood. For me, when I was writing “When the Heart Falls” the song that inspired me was “Don’t You Wanna Stay” by Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson. I must have listened to that song at least a hundred times during the writing process:) It’s such a beautiful song and if you’ve never heard it you should definitely take the time to listen to it. Trust me, it’s one of those songs that leaves you feeling all warm and tingly:)

No comments: