Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My "Lucky In Love" by Carolyn Brown Review

This book had me hooked from the moment I started reading. I mean, how could it not when the first few moments of the book revolve around a man and a woman arguing in the middle of a field and the woman ending the argument by shooting a rifle at the man’s feet. I love it! I knew from the second I read that part that this book was going to keep my interest because the characters had so much life to them. This is the first book in Ms. Brown’s “Lucky Series” and once you read this one, you’ll definitely want to read the rest. Here’s my synopsis:
Beau Luckadeau is a relatively lucky guy, except when it comes to love. When the novel begins, he is involved with this horrible woman who is definitely not his type, but poor Beau just doesn’t realize it. Although he claims to love Amanda, he is still hung up on a woman that he fell in love with two years ago at his cousin’s wedding. They spent that one night together and never saw each other after that (it’s a running joke with his cousin’s Slade and Griffin that this woman was just a figment of his imagination because Beau was very drunk that night).
Millie Torres moves to her grandfather’s ranch for the summer to help him out. She thinks it’s going to be easy breezy until, gasp, she runs into none other than Beau Luckadeau, the man she spent the night with two years ago at a friend’s wedding. Sparks fly when the two of them meet up again and I’m not talking about passion. If you haven’t guessed it yet than I’ll tell you, Millie and Beau are the two people arguing in the beginning of the novel and she shoots at him. Turns out, Millie’s got a chip on her shoulder with Mr. Beau Luckadeau and was hoping to never set eyes on him again. But soon the two of them grow past their differences and Beau learns that he and Millie are sharing a lot more than property line.
I would love to sit here and tell you the whole story but I’d hate to ruin it for you:) If you like your characters to have spunk and sass than I definitely recommend that you go out and read this book. I swear you won’t be disappointed.

No comments: