Monday, December 12, 2011

Best Weekend EVER!

Okay, let me start off by saying that this past weekend was absolutely wonderful! Our trip to see Santa Claus was a SUCCESS! My son sat on his lap and even posed for pictures without crying or even getting upset! I'm so proud of himJ After that, we went to the zoo with a friend of mine and her two little girls and checked out all the animals. Then it was time for my husband and I to attend a Christmas Party at the horseback riding club my dad is president of. We had a lot of fun and a printed copy of my book was auctioned off and the proceeds went to the club. I was thoroughly surprised when it auctioned for $115! Wow! Thanks again Karen and I hope you enjoy reading it! And this brings me to yesterday’s activities which will forever be a favorite memory of mine. I got to spend the day horseback riding on Assateague beach with the Saltwater Cowboys (my own father and uncle being two of themJ). It was an amazing day and I even got to be a cowgirl for all of five minutes lol. Someone had got off of their horse for a moment and their horse just decided to take off running down the beach. There was no way this poor guy was going to catch him on foot so my cousin and I took off after the horse, seeing as we were the only other ones around at the time. We probably had to run full speed for about a mile just to catch up to the runaway horse, who decided it wanted to run into the ocean. But we caught him and walked him back to his owner. It was such a rush and our horses did great, but that should have been expected because they’re use to rounding up wild ponies every yearJ So as you can tell I had an awesome weekend and I think I’m going to be talking about it for a very long time!

No comments: